The Easiest Way to Cook Eggplant
I get it- eggplant is kind of a love it or hate it food. But if you fall into the first category you’ve got to try this recipe.
SO simple and you can really make it your own through pairing with various spices, sauce etc.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Take 2 full eggplants and wash to prepare. Chop off the stem at the end and cut lengthwise (there should be 4 long pieces).
3. Place the eggplant in a baking dish or on a tray with the purple side facing down, white flesh facing up.
4. Pour 1-2 TBSP olive oil in a little dish. Take your cooking brush and coat the oil onto the face of the eggplant (white side). You could also drizzle the olive oil, but I like brushing it on to make sure that the entire piece is covered.
5. Sprinkle sea salt, ground pepper, garlic powder and a bit of oregano over each piece.
6. Pop in the oven for 10 minutes to bake and then broil for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the eggplant starts to lightly brown on top.
7. Remove from oven, let cool and serve!